Sunday, December 6, 2015

Mixed Media Happiness

Time for the second ever  Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge.  This month it's Anything Goes.  And we mean anything.  Objects, layouts, cards, ATCs, just anything your heart desires.  Why not share with us some of the holiday goodness you've been working on?

For my card I upcycled some fancy tissue paper I received in a gift last Christmas.  So hip and now.  Love it!  I applied it to mixed media paper with Mod Podge before die-cutting it with the stitched rectangle die.  I die cut the frame pieces out of scrap kraft cardstock and mounted it on foam after I painted it with Distress Stain.  That stuff dries really quickly which was a pleasant surprise.  Finally I die cut the remaining pieces out of scrap gold cardstock and finished off the card with a wooden snowflake.  Notice the peace die cut has dots?  The die comes like that and I guess the gold cardstock is thick enough to form an impression as it goes through.  For this card I like the effect lots--like rivets.

The Details:  Stampin' Up Peace die, Simon Says stitched rectangle die, My Favorite Things Chalkboard Frame Builder die, Memory Box Deer Trio die, Impression Obsession Birch Tree die, Modge Podge, PTI kraft and 140lb cardstock base, Strathmore Mixed Media paper
Update:  I'm entering this in Virginia's View #21 All About Glitter


8 comments:

  1. TONI... this is fabulous.. what an awesome scene but that background... its to die for.. love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've created a fabulous scene Toni, love the recycled tissue and that peace die. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeousness, Toni! Love all of the gold. I think that you could play this over at Virginia's View?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! Such a great mix of elements that look amazing together. It's the ying and the yang with the gold glittered background on kraft --- so very cool and thank you for sending me a piece to play with. :) Your frame looks like it's made from wood and not card stock. Hmmm .... distress stains may have to be added to my list along with distress paints. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ADORE this Mixed media Masterpiece! So glad you joined Virginia's View Toni, YOU are totally amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant, artsy looking card Toni - deserves to be framed on the wall IMHO!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dots on the peace die cut are perfect with the dotted gift wrap you used for the background (great repurposing of that gift wrap!). Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!